We still have some school places available in reception. Please contact the school office on 0191 5947962 if you would like to find out how to secure a school place.
Welcome to Our School
The purpose of this website is to introduce you to Hill View Infant Academy and to provide information you may find useful.
We provide education for children aged 3 to 7 years. We have a large nursery for 104 children aged 3-4 and then are a four form entry school from Reception to Year 2. We are part of a MAT (Multi-Academy Trust) with Hill View Junior Academy.
As our reputation and OFSTED reports (2001 and 2007) fully endorse, we have many strengths. These include very high standards of teaching throughout the school, demanding expectations of children’s achievements and behaviour. In addition to this we firmly believe in providing all children with a wide range of opportunities, sporting, musical, cultural, recreational and social. We offer extended care for both nursery and school children from 8.00am to 6.00pm.
Our aim is to provide each child with an education that will equip them to become responsible citizens, to make informed choices having both self respect and respect for others. To achieve this we provide an extensive range of opportunities beyond the school day, in a caring and safe atmosphere.
Please enjoy browsing our website where you will find much more about the life of our school.
Latest School Events
- school closes for half term25Oct2019
3:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- INSET DAY04Nov2019
- Flu Nasal Spray (whole school)05Nov2019
- SCHOOL RE-OPENS05Nov2019
- We raised a whopping £335 from our termly coffee morning.
- Our teachers and children would like to share with you some photos of what they have been getting up to since starting their new classes.
- We are very proud to have once again been awarded the Fairtrade Fair Achiever School Award at Hill View Infant School Academy. We want to ensure we maintain our Fairtrade Status and have some exciting events planned.
- For parents new and old: We have updated out read write inc page on our website to give some handy hints and tips on ways you can help your child with phonics at home. There are also some excellent videos to watch.
Week ending 11.10.2019
This % will be updated on a weekly basis on a Monday
Our school target 2019-20 is 96.6%
Please download our app by searching for School Jotter on any device store and entering Hill View. You will then receive notifications of anything added to our site. Click here to download the QR Code